2012 Pedaling for Kids Rides
September 7-9, 2012
3-day Across-the-State Ride, Columbus to Savannah. 100 miles each day the first 2 days; 60 mile Sunday. Charity brings cyclists back to Columbus Sunday. Cyclists are required to raise $500 in donations and then charity provides SAGs, 2012 PFK road jersey, hotel rms x 2 nights, Sag bag, and transportation back. Must be cleared by ride committee. Can also have teams of 2 or 4 to help break up trip for each rider. 2-man teams raise $500, 4-man team $1000 in donations.
October 6, 2012
1. Local rides leaving National Infantry Museum at 9 a.m. 30- and 62-mile (metric century) rides within Ft. Benning. All levels of riders. $40 entry fee which includes SAGs, SAG tents on route, lunch, SAG bag. The charity strongly encourages participants to raise at least $200 in donations and this gives cyclist 2012 PFK road jersey in addition to above amenities.
2. Family Ride at Oxbow Meadows. Individual riders $35; Family Riders $35 first rider, $25 second rider, $15 third rider, additional family members ride free but must register with family. Friends who come with a family may register with that family for only $20 per rider.
*With Family Ride: Fundraising incentives: we strongly encourage each individual or family seek sponsorship support from your family, friends, neighbors, business associates, and agencies that you support with your business during the year.
- Highest fundraising individual will receive a “Mystery Prize”.
- Highest fundraising family will receive a FREE full weekend Home Party Spacewalk Jumper Rental.
- Highest fundraising organization (company, church, school, or other group) with 10 or more riders will receive a FREE Fun Day equal in value to the dollars raised by the organization (not to exceed $5000).
October 27 and 28th, 2012
2-day Across-the-State Ride, Columbus to Savannah. Requirements and amenities same as the 3-day trip. Designed for faster cyclists with more speed and with more miles per day. Must also be cleared by ride committee.